We're on the hunt for a passionate Head of Developer Relations who's keen on building strong relationships with our developer community and advocating for their needs.
Who we are
Socket's mission is to help developers and security teams to ship faster and spend less time on security busywork. Thousands of organizations use Socket to safely discover, audit, and manage their open source code. Our customers – from Figma to Vercel – absolutely love Socket (just read their tweets to see for yourself!)
The company was founded by Feross Aboukhadijeh, who has worked in open source software for 10+ years writing software that receives more than a billion downloads per month. We have raised $25M in funding from the best angel investors, operators, and security leaders in the industry.
- Build relationships: You'll be the face of Socket for our developer community, building and nurturing strong relationships. You'll have the opportunity to shape how developers perceive and interact with our brand.
- Advocate for developers: You'll be the voice of our users within the company, providing valuable feedback to our product and engineering teams to ensure our tool meets their needs.
- Grow our community: You'll help expand our developer community, fostering an environment of learning, collaboration, and innovation.
- Engage with developers in a variety of settings, from online forums and social media to conferences and meetups
- Provide feedback to our product and engineering teams to help shape our tool
- Create and manage developer-focused content and resources
- Work closely with our marketing and sales teams to align our outreach efforts
- Help recruit and mentor new team members
What we are looking for
- Experience in a developer relations or community management role
- Strong technical background, with a good understanding of open source software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for advocating for developers and helping them succeed
At Socket, we
- Pursue Excellence: We set ourselves apart by consistently delivering work of exceptional quality and distinction.
- Move with urgency and focus: We prioritize swift, decisive action.
- Think rigorously: We care about being right and it often takes reasoning from first principles to get there. We value alternative perspectives and have constructive discussions.
- Trust and amplify: We overtrust, always assume good intent, and give specific feedback to help each other improve.
- Feel a strong sense of ownership: We wear many hats and feel a strong sense of overall ownership of the company and we're non-territorial regarding our nominal domains.
- Are customer obsessed: We relentlessly prioritize the needs of our customers, striving to exceed their expectations and delight them at every interaction.