We’re looking for a Head of Operations / Chief of Staff to join our growing security startup. You will be responsible for overseeing and streamlining our internal operations, supporting the CEO, and working cross-functionally with all teams to ensure we are operating efficiently and effectively.
Who we are
Socket's mission is to help developers and security teams to ship faster and spend less time on security busywork. Thousands of organizations use Socket to safely discover, audit, and manage their open source code. Our customers – from Figma to Vercel – absolutely love Socket (just read their tweets to see for yourself!)
The company was founded by Feross Aboukhadijeh, who has worked in open source software for 10+ years writing software that receives more than a billion downloads per month. We have raised $25M in funding from the best angel investors, operators, and security leaders in the industry.
The ideal candidate is strategic, a systems thinker, and a thrill-seeker excited to be exposed to all aspects of the business, and un-phased by taking on daunting new projects each day.
- Develop and implement operational strategies to support the company's growth and initiatives
- Lead cross-functional projects, working with teams across the organization to drive initiatives forward and ensure alignment
- Manage and streamline internal processes, identify areas for improvement, and implement changes to increase efficiency and productivity
- Support the CEO in various capacities, including preparing for board meetings, managing communications, and executing on strategic initiatives
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts for services and products
- Partner with the finance team to develop and manage budgets and financial forecasting
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
What we are looking for
- You've worked on an early stage team in a 0-1 role and would like to get back to building the foundations again
- You can deliver results consistently under a tight timeline. Given an ambiguous, exploratory task, you can quickly come up with a strategy and process around getting answers back to the team. You are an unrivaled individual contributor, but you can also sense when it makes more sense to hire out a piece of a project. You can draft a brief, source applicants, interview, hire, and manage a project from vague inception to decisive completion
- Become an expert on a new topic quickly. You know how to acquire knowledge in a new domain - what to read, where to look, who to talk to
- Demonstrated success in managing cross-functional projects and driving initiatives forward
- Write and speak persuasively and confidently. You're versatile - you can speak to an audience of experts and to the general public, you can negotiate and craft partnerships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with budgeting and financial forecasting
You ideally have
- A technical degree (engineering, sciences)
- Experience as an early-stage engineer or founder
- High grit and low ego
At Socket, we
- Pursue Excellence: We set ourselves apart by consistently delivering work of exceptional quality and distinction.
- Move with urgency and focus: We prioritize swift, decisive action.
- Think rigorously: We care about being right and it often takes reasoning from first principles to get there. We value alternative perspectives and have constructive discussions.
- Trust and amplify: We overtrust, always assume good intent, and give specific feedback to help each other improve.
- Feel a strong sense of ownership: We wear many hats and feel a strong sense of overall ownership of the company and we're non-territorial regarding our nominal domains.
- Are customer obsessed: We relentlessly prioritize the needs of our customers, striving to exceed their expectations and delight them at every interaction.