We're seeking a dedicated Staff Engineer (Program Analysis) with a knack for compilers, program analysis, and static analysis. If you find joy in solving intricate problems using program analysis, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we are
Socket's mission is to help developers and security teams to ship faster and spend less time on security busywork. Thousands of organizations use Socket to safely discover, audit, and manage their open source code. Our customers – from Figma to Vercel – absolutely love Socket (just read their tweets to see for yourself!)
The company was founded by Feross Aboukhadijeh, who has worked in open source software for 10+ years writing software that receives more than a billion downloads per month. We have raised $25M in funding from the best angel investors, operators, and security leaders in the industry.
- Improve our analysis: This role entails refining our existing dependency analysis pipeline. Your expertise in program analysis, static analysis, and/or compilers will be crucial in enhancing our product's efficiency and reliability.
- Shape the future: As a Staff Engineer, you'll have a significant impact on our product roadmap. Your decisions will shape our future offerings and influence the broader industry.
- Collaborate and lead: You'll work closely with our engineering team to implement your solutions. Your leadership will be key in driving our team's growth and development.
- Lead initiatives to improve Socket's dependency analysis capabilities
- Measure and improve rule detection cycle time and quality
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement your solutions
- Experiment with new technologies and prototype new approaches to application security
- Mentor, learn, and lead throughout the organization
What we are looking for
- Experience in a similar role, focusing on program analysis, static analysis, and compilers
- Solid understanding of software security, encompassing basic principles, recommended practices, and the capacity to delve into nitty-gritty details.
- Willingness to learn new technologies as needed
At Socket, we
- Pursue Excellence: We set ourselves apart by consistently delivering work of exceptional quality and distinction.
- Move with urgency and focus: We prioritize swift, decisive action.
- Think rigorously: We care about being right and it often takes reasoning from first principles to get there. We value alternative perspectives and have constructive discussions.
- Trust and amplify: We overtrust, always assume good intent, and give specific feedback to help each other improve.
- Feel a strong sense of ownership: We wear many hats and feel a strong sense of overall ownership of the company and we're non-territorial regarding our nominal domains.
- Are customer obsessed: We relentlessly prioritize the needs of our customers, striving to exceed their expectations and delight them at every interaction.