We are looking for a Staff Security Researcher to lead a research team that will dig through our trove of open source malware signals and uncover interesting malware and new attacks on the open source ecosystem.
Who we are
Socket's mission is to help developers and security teams to ship faster and spend less time on security busywork. Thousands of organizations use Socket to safely discover, audit, and manage their open source code. Our customers – from Figma to Vercel – absolutely love Socket (just read their tweets to see for yourself!)
The company was founded by Feross Aboukhadijeh, who has worked in open source software for 10+ years writing software that receives more than a billion downloads per month. We have raised $25M in funding from the best angel investors, operators, and security leaders in the industry.
- Develop and implement processes to identify and track new threats and malware campaigns
- Work closely with other teams, such as engineering and product, to ensure that we have the best signals and that our customers are protected from the latest threats
- Conduct research and analysis to identify new trends and emerging threats in the security landscape
- Present findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders, including the executive team
- Eventually, build and manage a team of researchers who will analyze malware and other threats at scale
- 5+ years of experience in threat intelligence, cybersecurity, or a related field
- Strong understanding of malware analysis and reverse engineering techniques
- Experience leading and managing a team of researchers
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis and visualization tools
- Experience with open source intelligence (OSINT) and threat intelligence platforms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
At Socket, we
- Pursue Excellence: We set ourselves apart by consistently delivering work of exceptional quality and distinction.
- Move with urgency and focus: We prioritize swift, decisive action.
- Think rigorously: We care about being right and it often takes reasoning from first principles to get there. We value alternative perspectives and have constructive discussions.
- Trust and amplify: We overtrust, always assume good intent, and give specific feedback to help each other improve.
- Feel a strong sense of ownership: We wear many hats and feel a strong sense of overall ownership of the company and we're non-territorial regarding our nominal domains.
- Are customer obsessed: We relentlessly prioritize the needs of our customers, striving to exceed their expectations and delight them at every interaction.