We're looking for a product-minded senior software engineer who enjoys solving complex problems with a seamless, delightful end user experience.
Who we are
Socket's mission is to help developers and security teams to ship faster and spend less time on security busywork. Thousands of organizations use Socket to safely discover, audit, and manage their open source code. Our customers – from Figma to Vercel – absolutely love Socket (just read their tweets to see for yourself!)
The company was founded by Feross Aboukhadijeh, who has worked in open source software for 10+ years writing software that receives more than a billion downloads per month. We have raised $25M in funding from the best angel investors, operators, and security leaders in the industry.
- Build product: This role will require you to move fast, prioritize ruthlessly, and be focused on the end user. Your voice will be essential in shaping the product and the roadmap, and your decisions will have immediate and far-reaching impact. You will work in collaboration with the engineering and design teams.
- Grow the team and culture: As an early member of the team, you will form the defining DNA for the company's culture and our future team. Our ability to build a market-defining product is solely dependent on the culture we foster.
- Set up foundational frameworks: You'll join at the genesis of something totally new and come into a fast-paced environment. We value process-driven systems that enable us to work smarter as we scale, and you'll build out design systems that will serve as guide rails for the engineering team.
- Contribute to the development of the Socket web application end-to-end
- Work with the design team to develop interfaces that abstract away complexities and delivers an elegant and delightful user experience
- Write APIs to deliver data from multiple data sources
- Extract and transform data from 3rd party APIs
- Help shape the roadmap and plan sprints that allow us to quickly deliver features and be agile to user feedback
- Be a key part of hiring, including interviewing and providing input into team growth decisions
What we are looking for
- You've worked on an early stage team in a 0-1 role and would like to get back to building the foundations again
- Experience with designing and implementing production web applications
- Experience with building and integrating APIs and relational databases like Postgres
- Not bound to a particular tech stack and can learn new technologies on-the-go
- Bonus points for experience with any of the following technologies GraphQL, ElasticSearch, Headless browsers, data pipelines
At Socket, we
- Pursue Excellence: We set ourselves apart by consistently delivering work of exceptional quality and distinction.
- Move with urgency and focus: We prioritize swift, decisive action.
- Think rigorously: We care about being right and it often takes reasoning from first principles to get there. We value alternative perspectives and have constructive discussions.
- Trust and amplify: We overtrust, always assume good intent, and give specific feedback to help each other improve.
- Feel a strong sense of ownership: We wear many hats and feel a strong sense of overall ownership of the company and we're non-territorial regarding our nominal domains.
- Are customer obsessed: We relentlessly prioritize the needs of our customers, striving to exceed their expectations and delight them at every interaction.