Socket is on the hunt for an energetic Sales Development Representative to bolster our team. Your primary role will be to bridge the gap between our sales team and potential clients, sparking interest and initiating conversations about our security tool.
Who we are
Socket's mission is to help developers and security teams to ship faster and spend less time on security busywork. Thousands of organizations use Socket to safely discover, audit, and manage their open source code. Our customers – from Figma to Vercel – absolutely love Socket (just read their tweets to see for yourself!)
The company was founded by Feross Aboukhadijeh, who has worked in open source software for 10+ years writing software that receives more than a billion downloads per month. We have raised $25M in funding from the best angel investors, operators, and security leaders in the industry.
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward.
- Establish active communication and engagement with prospects to create new leads and sales openings.
- Collaborate with the sales team to design and execute industry-specific outreach strategies.
- Present our product to potential clients, highlighting how our services can address their specific needs.
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead generation methods.
- Anticipate needs by studying services and conducting market research to identify new leads.
What we're looking for
- 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably in a sales development role within the security industry.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage and excite potential clients about our product.
- Self-motivated and extremely ambitious, with a drive to achieve sales targets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to use problem-solving skills to overcome any challenges.
- Experience using CRM software to track and analyze sales data.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of open source software and/or software development.
- Familiarity with Socket's products and services.
- Previous experience working in a fast-growing startup environment.
At Socket, we
- Pursue Excellence: We set ourselves apart by consistently delivering work of exceptional quality and distinction.
- Move with urgency and focus: We prioritize swift, decisive action.
- Think rigorously: We care about being right and it often takes reasoning from first principles to get there. We value alternative perspectives and have constructive discussions.
- Trust and amplify: We overtrust, always assume good intent, and give specific feedback to help each other improve.
- Feel a strong sense of ownership: We wear many hats and feel a strong sense of overall ownership of the company and we're non-territorial regarding our nominal domains.
- Are customer obsessed: We relentlessly prioritize the needs of our customers, striving to exceed their expectations and delight them at every interaction.